All local Citizens Advice members are independent charities, governed by their own board of trustees, who:
- Set the overall direction and support the development of the chartity
- Ensure our service meets the needs of the local community and the Citizens Advice membership standards
- Employ staff and control bureau finances
- Earn and retain the respect of important and influential people and organisations in the community, including funding bodies
- Ensure the bureau complies with relevant laws
On our trustee board we need people from all sections of the community with a wide range of different skills, experience and perspectives. Trustee boards tend to meet in the evenings, making this a flexible role, which trustees often fit around a full-time job. A full induction into the trustee board’s role and responsibilities will be provided.
Please click here to download our PDF for more information.