Role: Trainer (0.6 FTE, 3 days a week)
Salary: £28,000 – 29,000 Inclusive OLW
Responsible to: Service Manager
Responsible for: Trainees, Volunteers
Closing date: On-going
Interview date: TBC
Citizens Advice Hounslow is a well-respected charity, operating in the London Borough of Hounslow. Thanks to our amazing team of staff and volunteers, we support over 8,000 clients a year through our face to face, phone and digital services. However, in the current circumstances, we are mainly operating remotely.
We are seeking to recruit a part time Trainer with an advice background to:
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of volunteers and staff
- Provide quality and comprehensive training sessions following the Citizens Advice learning programme for generalist advisers in all the main advice topics (benefits, debt, employment, consumer, housing, immigration, relationship & family).
- Provide one to one, group sessions and regular refresher training, including exercises for benefits calculations.
- Develop staff and volunteers on specific enquiry areas of their choice, devising individual plans and sourcing external training for specialised courses, if required.
- Ensure all debt advisers and supervisors get access to and complete a MaPS accreditation or equivalent.
- Make full use of self-study resources and keep a record of learning for volunteers and staff, ensuring compliance with GDPR and other essential learning.
- Co-ordinate assessment activities and make final decisions on competencies
- Contribute to CAH’s quality of advice by analysing QAA results, call recordings and case notes marked for corrective action, to identify training needs of individual advisers.
- Check and update scrips, case note templates, crib sheets and create other useful material for advisers to improve quality.
- Support and supervise volunteers on advice sessions if required to meet service needs and when not training.
For more information about the role please download the: Job Description and Person Specification
How to apply
Do not send a CV as it will be immediately rejected.
Please note: we are unable to respond to applicants who have not been shortlisted. We reserve the right to close this vacancy as soon it has been filled, therefore if you are interested please submit your application as early as possible.
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, pension contribution, and training and opportunities to continue your professional development.
We consider applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.